Our Sources of Funding
Tuition, fees and scholar fundraising account for only 4 percent of our revenue. The majority comes to us through the generosity of individuals and family foundations.
- It is set at $1,400, but families pay an average of $200 per scholar, which is all they can afford.
- Our actual direct cost of educating each child is $7,800; adding Ascension’s share of central office expenses brings our cost to $9,300.
- Most of our cafeteria revenue comes from state reimbursement.
- XX% of our scholars qualify for free or reduced-price lunch.
- A family of four qualifies for free meals if its annual income is less than $32,630, a level set by the federal government.
Large foundations and other organizations
- They contribute 20% of our revenue.
- This includes subsidies from the Catholic Services Appeal Foundation.
Individuals and family foundations
- We get 69% of our revenue from individuals.
- We do two major mail appeals each year: Christmas and spring.
- We offer school tours for donors and potential donors so they can better understand how our school works and meet scholars.